Hello, I'm Geneva.
First and foremost I am a mother to 4 wonderful humans. They continue to teach me everything in this lifetime. I am grateful they chose me and hope I can be the mom they need.
Beyond mothering, the biggest part of my identity is that of a midwife. I believe in midwifery as original medicine and that all people deserve to have the love and respect that is offered in the midwifery model of care. I believe that being a midwife is not just my job, but my calling, and that I have been a midwife in many lifetimes.
"My favorite thing about being a midwife is seeing the authentic parts of the women and families that I work with."
I have a true passion for serving birthing families and connecting with people on a deep and supportive level. It is a joy getting to know people during our time together and seeing them transform.
I’m a Colorado native and consider myself a lifelong learner.
Here’s a long list of some of the things I have been learning over the years:
- I have a BA in foreign language.
- I had 4 kids between 2000-2009, two in the hospital, two at home- great learning experiences.
- I became interested in birth work while pregnant with my first child
• Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator in 2004
- DONA certified birth doula in 2005
- Postpartum doula in 2006.
- CPR instructor in 2010.
- I was certified in Sacred Womb Massage and Birth Art in 2016
- Completed my apprenticeship and passed the NARM Midwifery Boards to become a Certified Professional Midwife in 2016
- Certified in Wild soul spirit medicine in 2017
- Yoga Teacher Training along with prenatal and postnatal yoga teacher trainings in 2018
- Certified in Holistic Healing for the Pregnant and Postpartum Body, Quantum Transformation, Hypnosis, and NLP in 2021
- Completed Strawberry Moon's Kalpulli, an apprenticeship of Sacred Ancestral Teachings, and am currently an initiate of the Mayan Path
- In 2020, I co-founded Colorado Community Birth- that offers birth services to those who could not otherwise access them and training and mentorship to birth pros.
- Certified as a spiritual coach and earned additional certifications in tarot reading, astrology, spirit guides, and alchemical chakra medicine.
Stay in the Know
I would love to keep in touch about all things birth and baby! To receive my newsletter please opt-in here.